A few years ago we watched the documentary The Earthing Movie and we were blown away with such a simple thing we can do to help ourselves reconnect with the Earth and get amazing health benefits. If you happen to start talking to Jules and she takes off her shoes (or thongs) or you see her walking around the resort in bare feet she is just grounding; What’s grounding I hear you ask?
Grounding, also known as earthing, and it has been shown to have a range of benefits for the human body. The earth’s surface is full of electrons, which can transfer to our bodies when we make direct contact with the ground. This transfer of electrons helps to balance our electrical charge and promote healing. The ancient American Indians practiced grounding and many ancient cultures including our own indigenous people have their form of “grounding”
Some of the benefits of grounding include:
- Reduced inflammation: Grounding has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body, which is a major contributor to many chronic illnesses. By reducing inflammation, grounding can help improve overall health and reduce the risk of disease.
- Improved sleep: Grounding has also been linked to improved sleep quality. When we are grounded, our cortisol levels decrease, which can help us relax and fall asleep more easily. Many people who practice grounding report better sleep and fewer sleep disturbances.
- Reduced stress: Grounding has a calming effect on the body, which can help reduce stress and anxiety. When we are grounded, our bodies are better able to regulate the stress hormone cortisol, which can help us feel more relaxed and at ease.
- Increased energy: Grounding can also help increase energy levels by reducing inflammation and promoting better sleep. When our bodies are less inflamed and well-rested, we have more energy to tackle our daily tasks.
- Improved immune function: Grounding has been shown to improve immune function by reducing inflammation and promoting better sleep. A strong immune system is essential for overall health and can help protect us from a range of illnesses.
There is so much green lush grass here at Airtree and while on holidays it’s the perfect time to ground yourself. Whether you choose to relax by the pool or venture out to the many green grassed areas, there are plenty of opportunities to connect with the earth and reap the rewards.
If you’re looking to reduce stress, improve sleep, or boost your energy levels, grounding is a simple and effective way to support your overall health and well-being, and even if the science isn’t main stream the worst that can happen is you may get a prickle! Jules swears by it … give it a go – what have you got to loose?